About how we use your data at Homefront Giftware.
Name and contact details:
- To deliver your orders
- To send you service information relating to your orders
- At your request, to let you know when an item is back in stock
- To send you marketing emails (only if you’ve opted-in)
- For fraud prevention
- To take payment and give refunds where necessary
- For fraud prevention
Your purchase history, browsing history and saved items
- To fufil your orders, provide customer service and handle returns
- To find out what you like, and send you relevant marketing emails (only if you’ve opted-in)
- To deliver you adverts elsewhere online
Your contact history with us
- To provide you with customer service and support
Your device IP address
- To set your default options such as currency and language
- To protect our website from fraud or malicious software
The type of device you are using to access our website
- To improve your shopping experience by displaying our website in the best way for your device
Sharing of your information
We will never sell, distribute or lease your data to any third party. In order to fulfil orders and provide you and other customers with a highly personal level of service, we do share your data with the following data controllers:
Our delivery companies which include: An Post
- Brands we stock who offer warranty on their products (in the event that you need to claim on the warranty)
If you opt-in to receive marketing emails from us, we’ll send you a few emails each month keeping you up-to-date with news of our latest products and any offers associated with our brands.
In order to receive emails from us, you only need to provide us with your email address. By letting us know things like your age, gender and interests, we are able to send you more relevant email content. You are not obliged to do this, and you can update your preferences within your customer account at any time.
If you’ve bought from us, we may use this information to send you emails about similar products that may be of interest to you.
You can opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by:
- Clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any of our marketing emails
- Updating your email preferences within your customer account
- Contacting us
If you opt-out of receiving marketing emails, you will still receive important order and delivery information by email.
A cookie is a small text file which asks permission to be downloaded onto your computer or smartphone when you visit a website. It allows the website to recognise your device each time you access the website, and will store some information about your preferences or past actions.
- Keeping your chosen products in your basket
- Remembering products that you’ve saved to your wish list
- Sending you email reminders about products you’ve viewed or left behind (only if you’ve opted-in to receive email marketing from us)
- Analysing web page traffic to make sure that you and other customers can find what you’re looking for easily
Links to other websites
Retention of your information
We will keep your personal information for as long as you have a customer account with us. This helps us to provide you with a fast, efficient service, from checkout to delivery, each and every time you shop with us.
When it comes to your personal information, you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about how we use your information
- The right to access any information we hold about you
- The right to correct any inaccurate information that we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete information that we hold about you
- The right to access your information in such a way so that it can easily be transferred from environment to another in a safe and secure way
- The right to object to, and opt-out of our email marketing at any time
We will always ensure that our services are made available to you in a way that makes it easy for you to exercise any of these rights, at any time. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your rights, please Contact us
If you have any questions about any changes we make, you are entitled to invoke any of your rights as set out above. We also encourage you to Contact us
How to get in touch
We welcome all feedback, good or bad. If you:
- Have any questions about how we collect and use your information
- Would like a copy of the information we hold about you
- Would like to update or remove any of the information we hold for you
- Would like to exercise any of your rights explained above
You can either email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at:
Unit 54, Wilton Shopping Centre, Sarsfield Road, Wilton. Cork Ireland